1,614 New Cases of Coronavirus Disease Reported in Illinois
Jun 08, 2020 02:00PM
By Cassidy Newberry
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,614 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 15 cases in Kane and DuPage Counties.
-- DuPage County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 male 80s, 4 males 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 60s, 2 females 70s, 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 90s
- Cook County: 3 males 40s, 1 unknown 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 2 females 60s, 10 males 60s, 6 females 70s, 8 males 70s, 16 females 80s, 5 males 80s, 7 females 90s, 5 males 90s, 2 females 100+
- DeKalb County: 1 female 90s
- Hancock County: 1 female 60s
- Kankakee County: 2 males 70s
- Lake County: 1 female 40s, 2 males 40s, 2 females 60s, 2 females 70s, 2 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- LaSalle County: 1 male 90s
- McDonough County: 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- McHenry County: 1 male 90s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 male 40s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 122,848 cases, including 5,525 deaths, in 101 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 16,431 specimens for a total of 934,704. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 26–June 1 is 7%.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.