HOME Sweet HOME
Aug 20, 2019 01:35PM
By Deb Gurley
The luxury style home market has features
many would consider extravagant, excessive, exorbitance, grandiose and
lavish. This indulgent market however has
features all of us could learn from, replicate, and enjoy:
- High Tech Everywhere – One touch of a button or with your voice command and you can lock doors, open windows or close shades, control thermostats and lights, manage sophisticated security, stream favorite music, turn on irrigation systems, adjust power solar energy panels, etc. These wireless home automation devices make our lives easier and more convenient.
- Spacious Closets – Picture big and then larger, now even bigger - Closets, especially opulent master closets, can rival square footage of many rooms. Call it a dressing suite or a walk-in bedroom extension with its chandelier, they are definitely designed for more than just clothes. Many boast islands, dedicated shoe, jewelry and purse systems, built-in laundry, beverage stations and comfortable seating.
- Top Notch Entertainment Centers – Private home theater and gaming rooms, trendy sports bars and lavish sports courts, vanishing edge pools. These unique spaces created to play and entertain has amenities that would rival any vacation. Whether it be indoor basketball, hockey, putting greens, bowling alleys, swimming pools or tennis courts, luxury homeowners have taken this enjoyment to a new level especially with stadium style seating including the latest lighting and sound technology.
- Gyms and Spas – Fully equipped and dedicated rooms for massage, acupuncture, yoga, stationary cycling, boxing, indoor lap pools, saunas and massive walk-in showers. Home gym space is popular for weights, high end equipment featuring built in speaker systems and TV. Master bath spas continue to have sumptuous features creating everyday pampering and relaxation space with rain and dual shower heads, body jets, steam showers, elaborate custom vanities, touchless plumbing fixtures, heated tiles and towel bars.
- Outdoor Kitchens – An extension of indoor living comfort, where guests are able to be a spectator and relax while watching their host create a culinary masterpiece. A fully stocked outdoor kitchen with upgraded commercial appliances and large islands with plenty of counterspace. Open outdoor gourmet kitchen and dining areas attract desirable Al Fresco dining, creating a hub for families and friends to gather together.
- Garage Showrooms – Car collectors look for spaces to display their vehicles as works of art. Heated floors, oversized doors and floor drains with high tech options have become the norm. Many luxuriant homeowners believe their six-car garage is the crown jewel, no longer tucked away space, but rather innovative design as their exclusive sanctuary.
An indulgent home is one whose amenities allow the owner to feel spoiled. Each of us have different tastes and lifestyle goals. You can create your own tranquil retreat and feel luxurious with small indulgences like upgraded bedding or an elaborate herb garden. Let your oasis be a place to relax and say aahhh…this is my Home Sweet Home.