Have fun at the Batavia Public Library
Jul 02, 2018 08:30AM
You know that you can have fun biking on the Fox River trail or hanging out at Hall Quarry Beach, but did you know that the Batavia Public Library is a great place to have fun in the summertime?
Here are 20 awesome reasons why you should stop by the Library often this summer:
1. Come on inside; the Wi-Fi is free and the air conditioning is on.
2. Take home any book on our shelves for free (with your Library card).
3. Sit in one of our comfy chairs and read magazines or check out magazines to take home and enjoy while relaxing in the hammock.
4. Change up your usual reading style with a graphic novel.
5. Stay all day—we don’t mind. The Library is the perfect place to grab space at a table and get some paperwork done.
6. Talk about books with other book lovers. Our staff loves to talk books. Tell them what you are reading. Ask for recommendations.
7. Meet a friend for lunch in the café. The coffee is hot, the sandwiches are fresh, and the cold drinks will cool you off.
8. Take home the latest movies on DVD.
9. Get free trips to museums. We’ve partnered with 18 museums to offer the Museum Pass for patrons to check out.
10. Be entertained at events and programs happening every week this summer.
11. Earn coupons or prizes when you join the Summer Reading Club (for all ages).
12. Let the kids borrow games and puzzles for something new when they hit that “I’m bored” phase of summer.
13. Grab a Playaway, plug in your headphones, and you instantly have an audiobook that fits in your pocket and can go with you anywhere.
14. Use our computers; they are loaded with MS Office software.
You don’t even have to come into the Library to get awesome stuff for free:
15. Have a librarian put together a list of reading recommendations via email that is just for you.
16. Borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks when you are home or traveling. Use your library card with the Overdrive, Hoopla, or Axis 360 apps and download eBooks and eAudiobooks to your computer or mobile device.
17. Use Hoopla to view movies and TV shows for free on your phone, computer, or mobile device.
18. Gain some free time for yourself when you let the kids watch and listen to a story while they read along with Tumblebooks and Bookflix online.
19. Get advice before you make a major purchase. Your library card connects you with Consumer Reports online.
20. Come to the Library and discover the twentieth AWESOME reason for yourself!
The more time that you spend at the Library, the more unexpected things you will discover. Stop by the Library and explore!