Call for Artists: “Art of the Blues” at Water Street Studios
Batavia, IL— Water
Street Studios is conducting a Call for Artists to enter a juried exhibition of
2-D and 3-D art inspired by or relating to blues music. The timing of the
gallery exhibit will correspond to the annual Chicago Blues Festival (the
largest free blues festival in the world) and the 3rd Annual Blues & Roots
on Water Street Festival held on June 9, 2018 attracting 300+ blues enthusiasts
to Water Street Studios.
Rules of Entry:
1. Media: All 2-D or 3-D fine arts. No larger than 60” in any direction or heavier than 150 lbs.
2. Eligibility: Participation is open to all fine artists, 18 years of age or older, who exhibit work of original concept, design and execution.
3. Entry: Please do not submit additional information such as brochures and written materials. The jurors will not consider them. Please complete the description section of the entry. The jurors will read this.
4. Commission: Art sold during the exhibit will be subject to the gallery’s standard 30% commission for resident artists and 40% commission for nonresident artists.
5. Awards: A $500.00 check will be award for Best of Show, determined by the juror(s).
6. Jury Fee: $25.00 for up to four (4) entries.
• Entry Deadline: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
• Acceptance Notification: Friday, May 11, 2018
• Artwork Delivered: No later than Sunday, May 27, 2018
• Exhibit Dates: Opening Reception: Friday, June 8, 2018, exhibit closes Sunday, July 8, 2018
Water Street Studios Responsibilities Include:
• Wall or floor space for each participant
• Daytime and overnight security
• Insurance coverage for individual pieces of artwork up to $10,000 each while on exhibition. Note: WSS is not responsible for damage or loss of an individual’s work in the process of shipping or transporting to or from WSS
• Assisting with promotion, publicity and advertising. Note: We expect and encourage artists to assist in promoting the exhibition
• Pedestals for 3-D work needing them
• Hosting a gallery opening reception on June 8, 2018 from 6:00-9:00PM
• Opportunity for an artist talk to be determined by the gallery committee
Participating Artists' Responsibilities Include:
• 2-D work must be framed or wired and ready to hang. • 3-D work must be assembled and ready to display. • Shipping artwork and the costs to ship to and from the gallery. • Insurance coverage (if wanted) for the transportation of the artwork to and from the gallery. • Providing equipment to ensure the protection of an art piece including but not limited to glass cases, ropes, etc. Curator must approve equipment before installing.
Dimensions: No larger than 1920 x 1920 pixels.
File Format: Baseline Standard JPEG
File Size: under 2.0 MB
Color Space: RGB
1. Completed EntryThingy Application and up to Four (4) Images Uploaded with Name, Title, Medium, Size and Price (if for sale).
2. Paid $25.00 jury fee. Nonrefundable.
3. Submitted up to four (4) images of current work (see image instructions below).
4. Submitted by Midnight May 1, 2018.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org