Batavia residential brush collection program resumes
Curbside residential brush pickup resumes in May for residents that pay the monthly leaf/brush fee on their utility bill. Brush/limbs are to be at the curb for collection no later than 7:00 a.m. on Monday of your scheduled week, but no sooner than the weekend before that. Crews will make only one pass by each residence. Brush placed out after our crews have passed will not be collected until the next scheduled pickup date.
2018 BRUSH COLLECTION SCHEDULE
The amount of brush that has been
placed out citywide in any given month dictates how quickly your area will be
reached, but each side of town is typically completed by Friday of the
scheduled week. Major storms may affect
the schedule, and notice of any special brush collection will be posted on the
City’s website. The monthly collections
are intended to handle most storm damage limbs that fall during the season, and
special collections are done very rarely.
If your brush was out at 7 a.m. on Monday of your scheduled collection
week and not collected by the end of the workday on Friday, please notify the
Street Division at 630-454-2400 no later than the following Monday.
The following procedures must be followed to ensure the collection of your brush:
· Maximum diameter is 6” (logs cannot be split); maximum length of limbs is 12’.
· Brush should be stacked into one large pile in the front/side parkway with cut ends facing the curb, and placed away from parkway trees, mailboxes, utility poles/boxes, hydrants, and parked vehicles. Brush will not be collected from alleys or vacant lots.
· Brush/limbs must not be tied, bundled, in containers, bagged, or put on the street.
· Brush pile should contain only brush. Foreign objects will not be collected.
· Program is for residentially-generated brush only, not contractor tree removals or trimming.
· Brush left out on the parkway between collection dates is subject to a possible code violation citation.
For materials that do not meet the above specifications:
· Advanced Disposal will collect yard waste bags/32-gallon cans (not to exceed 50 pounds per bag/32-gallon can) consisting of twigs, evergreen clippings, roots, stumps, and plants on your regular trash collection day, beginning in April. A refuse sticker should be attached to the yard waste bag or 32-gallon can. If a can is used, it should be clearly marked “Yard Waste” on the side facing the street.
· Residents with limbs/brush exceeding the requirements for the program can contact a private service to have it removed at the resident’s expense.
· Unincorporated residents should contact their township offices regarding brush collection services that may be available to them.
If you have any questions, please call the Street Division at 630-454-2400 weekdays from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. or visit our website at www.cityofbatavia.net/brushcollection.