Christmas Cookie Party Perfection
Dec 11, 2017 02:33AM ● Published by Family Features
The next best thing to baking cookies for many home chefs is baking cookies with friends. Dust off your favorite recipes, create a festive playlist and fill your home with the tantalizing aroma of baked goodies for the ultimate Christmas cookie party.
Turn things up a notch and swap classic sugar cookies for these festive Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. Along with those tasty treats, don’t let your guests go thirsty. Add peppermint extract to a slow cooker hot chocolate so guests can sip and be merry throughout the party.
Find more holiday recipes at McCormick.com.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, food color and vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar to completely coat. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 gallon (8 cups) whole milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract
- Place whole milk, condensed milk, chocolate chips and peppermint extract in slow cooker. Cover. Cook 60-70 minutes on high, or until chocolate is melted and mixture is heated through, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to warm or low to serve.