Residential brush collection program continues
Jul 07, 2017 08:30AM
● By Neighbors Magazines
Curbside residential brush pickup is available to residents that pay the monthly leaf/brush fee on their utility bill. Brush/limbs are to be at the curb for collection no later than 7am on Monday of your scheduled week, but no sooner than the weekend before that. If your brush was out at 7am on Monday of your scheduled collection week and not collected by the end of the workday on Friday, please notify the street division at 630-454-2400 no later than the following Monday.
2017 Brush Collection Schedule
East Side West Side
July 10 July 17
Aug. 14 Aug. 21
Sept. 11 Sept. 18
Oct. 9 Oct. 16
Nov. 27 - Citywide Nov. 27 - Citywide
The following procedures must be followed to ensure the collection of your brush:
• Maximum diameter is 6" (logs cannot be split); maximum length of limbs is 12'.
• Brush should be stacked into one large pile in the front/side parkway with cut ends facing the curb, and placed away from parkway trees, mailboxes, utility poles/boxes, hydrants, and parked vehicles. Brush will not be collected from alleys or vacant lots.
• Brush/limbs must not be tied, bundled, in containers, bagged, or put on the street.
• Do not place any stumps, roots, landscape material, lumber, firewood, or foreign objects in the brush pile.
• Program is for residentially-generated brush only, not contractor tree removals or trimming.
• Brush left out on the parkway between collection dates is subject to a possible code violation citation.
The amount of brush that has been placed out citywide in any given month dictates how quickly your area will be reached, but each side of town is typically completed by Friday of the scheduled week. Crews can move through an area very quickly, and once they pass your address they will not return until the next scheduled pickup date. Major storms may affect the schedule, and notice of any special brush collection will be posted on the city’s website. The monthly collections are intended to handle most storm damage limbs that fall during the season, and special collections are done very rarely.
If you have any questions, please call the Street Division at 630-454-2400 weekdays from 7am–4pm or visit our website at cityofbatavia.net/brushcollection.
For materials that do not meet the above specifications:
Advanced Disposal will collect yard waste bags/32-gallon cans (not to exceed 50 pounds per bag/32-gallon can) consisting of twigs, evergreen clippings, roots, stumps, and plants on your regular trash collection day, beginning in April. A refuse sticker should be attached to the yard waste bag or 32-gallon can. If a can is used, it should be clearly marked “Yard Waste” on the side facing the street.
Residents with limbs/brush exceeding the requirements for the program can contact a private service to have it removed at the resident’s expense.
Unincorporated residents should contact their township offices regarding brush collection services that may be available to them.