Six ways to stay informed about school closings
Dec 22, 2016 11:57AM
● By Neighbors Magazines
It's officially the season when extreme weather conditions may cause schools to be closed. The decision to open or close schools is made in consultation with surrounding school districts, the BPS 101 transportation provider, city road reports and National Weather Service information.
To help keep you informed of school closings, Batavia Public School District 101 has six resources:
• BPS101 Messenger: The district’s communications system. BPS101 parents can set personal delivery preferences for email, text messages and/or phone calls in PowerSchool.
• BPS101 Emergency Advisory Line: Call 630-937-8899 anytime for updates.
• BPS101.net: This site will have notices posted by 6am.
• Twitter: Follow the district on Twitter @BPS101
• Facebook: Get updates in your news feed by “liking” Facebook/BPS101
• EmergencyClosingCenter.com: Information on this site is broadcast on all Chicago-area TV stations and on the radio stations WGN AM 720 and WBBM AM 780.
Please be advised that notification systems are not perfect. Radio and television notices are not always broadcast promptly, web pages are not always available, and telephone communications may not always be possible. For this reason, BPS101 uses multiple communication channels to provide you with accurate and timely information. To ensure that you receive important school closing notifications, access or subscribe to more than one of these channels.