Batavia Chamber of Commerce Seeks Nominations for Batavia Citizen of the Year
Nov 24, 2016 10:45AM
By Anita Malik
Is there a Batavia citizen who you believe exemplifies giving back to the community through outstanding service and dedication? If so, nominate them for the annual Batavia Citizen of the Year Award. The award honors extraordinary contributions to the community over the course of the recipient’s lifetime.
This person (or persons) will be the guest of honor at the Batavia Chamber of Commerce’s annual recognition event. The Inspire 2017 awards recognition takes place on Friday, Jan. 27, 2017 at The Nagel Emporium at Abbey Farms, 2855 Hart Road, Aurora.
Nominees must reside or have their business in Batavia or Batavia Township. Other requirements include:
· The nominee must have assisted in an improvement or program of significant value to the Batavia community.
· The improvement must be made because of a personal commitment and not substantially because of their primary employment or public responsibilities.
· The nominee may not currently be on the Board of Directors of the Batavia Chamber of Commerce.
· The nominee does not need to be a member of the Batavia Chamber of Commerce.
· The contributions of the nominee to the community should be of an extraordinary nature.
To nominate a deserving person, submit a letter of recommendation to the Batavia Chamber of Commerce no later than Monday, Dec. 5. The letter should state the reasons why the nominee is worthy of this honor. A committee of previous recipients of the award selects the Batavia Citizen of the Year based upon the letters of recommendation received and supporting materials.
The last five Batavia Citizen of the Year winners are Joanne Spitz (2015), J. Thomas (Tom) Von Lunen (2014), James (Jim) Hanson (2013), Steve and Britta McKenna (2012), and Robert and Suzanne Peterson (2011).
Contact Holly Deitchman, president and CEO of the Batavia Chamber of Commerce via email email@example.com or by calling (630) 879-7134 for more information.