City of St. Charles recommends trick-or-treating hours: 3-7 pm
Oct 25, 2016 09:07AM
● By Neighbors Magazines
- Official trick-or-treating hours are from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Young children should be accompanied by their parents or another responsible adult.
- If there is a chance children will be out after dark, at least one member of each group should carry a flashlight.
- Remind children to watch for traffic.
- Walk only on sidewalks and cross the streets at intersections.
- Fit costumes properly to avoid tripping hazards and ensure the child has clear vision.
- Choose light colored costumes or add reflective tape or reflectors so they are visible.
- Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
“Drivers should be especially observant and watch for children out walking,” says Commander Erik Mahan. “All residents are encouraged to turn on outside lights for the safety of the trick-or-treaters. Thanks for helping us make this a safe and fun-filled Halloween.”
For more tips and guidelines on Halloween safety, please visit www.halloween-safety.com.