Geneva Homecoming parade to close several streets
Sep 21, 2016 08:47AM
● By Neighbors Magazines
School students will celebrate Homecoming this weekend with their traditional
parade Friday, Sept. 23 that will require several streets be closed for
State Street (Route 38) between Third and Ninth streets will be shut down at 2 p.m. to accommodate the event. All streets listed on the parade route also will be closed to traffic:
· Geneva High School/Stevens Street east to Anderson Boulevard;
· Anderson Boulevard south to State Street;
· State Street east to Third Street;
· Third Street north to Stevens Street; and
· Stevens Street west to the High School.
A detour route will direct motorists traveling eastbound on State Street to turn south on Ninth Street, east on James Street, north on Third Street and back east on State Street. The directions will be reversed for westbound traffic.
With numerous spectators expected to attend the parade, please use caution when driving through the downtown. Police officers will be providing traffic control in the area. The streets are expected to be reopened to traffic after 3:15pm.