News from the Messenger Public Library
Nov 16, 2015 11:11AM
● By Neighbors Magazines
Daily fine rate and loan period changes
The following changes to item loan periods and daily fine rates were approved by the Library Board on Oct. 8, implemented on Oct. 31.
· New DVD/Blu-Ray Video loan period will be 7 days
· New Fiction Books loan period will be 28 days
· New Fiction and Non-fiction Audio books loan period will be 28 days
· Music CD loan period will be 28 days
· Nonfiction DVD loan period will be 28 days
· Periodicals loan period will be 28 days
· The Daily Fine Rate will change to $.25/day for ALL items
The changes will support the RAILS Illinois Library System MAGIC Library Consortium’s effort to standardize circulation policies and improve patron-centered library services.
“Items due today?” No worries with automatic renewal of library materials
Any items eligible for renewal will be automatically renewed. If we have your email address, we’ll let you know which items cannot be renewed two days prior to the due dates. Eligible items will be automatically renewed two days prior to the due date.
Annual Holiday Open House
The Library Board and staff invite everyone to attend our annual Holiday Open House on Sun., Dec. 6 from 1:30–4pm. Come enjoy music, a visit with Santa, a treasure hunt in the stacks and conversation with the Library Board of Trustees, staff, family and friends. Don’t forget to bring your camera for a photo with Santa!