Geneva announces trick-or-treat hours
Oct 26, 2015 10:18AM
● By Neighbors Magazines
Geneva children and parents are encouraged to trick-or-treat in their neighborhoods between the City’s recommended Halloween hours of 3–7pm.
Families also are invited to two additional candy collection opportunities in Geneva. Participating downtown businesses will be offering free Halloween treats to children on Thurs., Oct 29 from 2–5pm, and Geneva Commons will host trick-or-treating on Sun., Oct. 25 from 3–5pm.
The Geneva Police Department wants all little superheroes, princesses and scary monsters to have a fun and safe Halloween experience this year. Parents should take an active role in this process by making sure their families follow these safety tips:
· Wear light-colored clothing or some type of reflective material for better visibility.
· Ensure costumes fit and are worn in a manner that prevents tripping.
· If children wear masks, make sure they can see clearly and their visibility is not obstructed.
· Small children should always be accompanied by an adult.
· Go out in the daylight when possible and carry a flashlight for use if out after dark.
· Only give and accept wrapped candy.
· Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
· Carrying hard props such as swords and daggers should be substituted with soft foam rubber materials.
· Stay within familiar neighborhoods.
· Watch for traffic.