An Easy Solution for Summer Gatherings
Jun 22, 2015 03:42AM
● By Family Features
If you’re hosting a summer get-together, and can’t decide what to include on your menu, look for recipes that boast a variety of crowd-pleasing ingredients.
Entertaining family and friends doesn’t have to mean making sacrifices in the name of convenience. Look for recipes that feature satisfying proteins smothered in bold, richly-flavored sauces and served with fresh, summery vegetables.
With all the details of planning a gathering, most hosts don’t have extra time to spend in the kitchen. Look for menu items you can make ahead, such as marinated dishes that go from fridge to flame, and can be cooked in a matter of minutes.
Inspired by the classic sauces and marinades of Asian cuisine, with a deliciously kosher twist, Soy Vay offers a variety of mouthwatering flavors, including Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic sauce featured in this recipe for Grilled Hoisin Garlic Drumsticks with Tomato-Corn Salad. Guests won’t be able to resist a second helping of grilled chicken drumsticks dressed in a garlic baste, served alongside fresh-cut corn and juicy diced tomatoes. Serve up this grill-friendly find at your next summertime bash, and you’ll have a new go-to dish everyone will ask for again and again.
For more deliciously easy meals your family will love, visit www.soyvay.com.
Grilled Hoisin Garlic Drumsticks with Tomato-Corn Salad
- 8 chicken drumsticks, about 2 pounds total
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic sauce
- 3 ears corn
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Thinly sliced basil leaves, for garnish
- Season drumsticks with salt and pepper, and rub with about 1/3 cup hoisin garlic sauce, reserving rest for basting.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes, up to four hours.
- As chicken is marinating, prepare charcoal grill for both direct (medium-high heat) and
- indirect cooking, placing coals on one half of grill. Discard used marinade.
- Grill chicken, starting with skin side down, directly over coals about 8–10 minutes, keeping lid closed as much as possible and turning chicken once or twice.
- Move to indirect heat where there are no coals, cover grill and continue to cook for another 25–35 minutes until juices run clear and an internal temperature of 165ºF has been reached, basting with extra sauce occasionally in last 10 minutes of cooking.
- To make salad, boil corn if needed for about 2-3 minutes, then cut kernels off cob.
- Toss with tomatoes and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in basil.
- Serve salad and drumsticks together.