Simple Seafood Recipes
Apr 20, 2015 03:45AM
By Family Features
If you find your recipe repertoire growing stale, now is the perfect time to experiment with new seafood recipes your family will love.
Seafood makes a delicious centerpiece of any meal, and preparing seafood can actually be quite simple. Pan-steaming is one easy preparation that leaves the seafood moist and makes a quick and easy sauce, too. The technique, demonstrated in this recipe for a rich, buttery lemon sauce, is perfect for Alaska Sockeye salmon, as well as other species, including Alaska halibut or Alaska cod.
At the grocery store, look for high-quality fish, such as Alaska Seafood, which is additive-free, lean and full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Sustainable practices used in fishing Alaska salmon, shellfish and whitefish varieties also mean you can feel good about serving Alaska Seafood to your family.
For more delicious recipes and preparation tips, visit www.wildalaskaseafood.com.
Pan-Steamed Alaska Seafood Marseilles
- 4 Alaska Salmon or whitefish fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh or thawed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine (sauvignon blanc or chardonnay)
- 2 tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs
- Remove seafood fillets from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking.
- Fill 12-inch skillet with 1 inch of water. Add lemon slices and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Rinse seafood in cold water and pat dry; season with salt and pepper.
- Add seafood to pan, skin side down. Cover pan tightly and cook for 4 minutes, or until seafood is lightly translucent in the center, checking at thickest part. Remove seafood from pan and let rest a minute; it will finish cooking from retained heat. Remove lemon slices from steaming liquid.
- Create quick reduction sauce with remaining liquid by adding wine, butter, garlic and herbs to pan. Combine ingredients and continue to simmer, allowing liquid to reduce to desired thickness.
- To serve, transfer lemon slices and fillets to plates; drizzle fillets with sauce.